No products in the cart.
The Top 24 Security Predictions for 2024 (Part 2)
Author: Dan Lohrmann
Original Publication: https://www.govtech.com
Where next for cyber in 2024? Here’s part two of your annual roundup of cybersecurity forecasts, top cyber trends, and cybersecurity industry prediction reports as we head into calendar year 2024.
Welcome to the second installment of this comprehensive annual look at global cybersecurity industry predictions from the top security industry vendors, technology magazines, expert thought leaders and many more.
Last week, in part one of The Top 24 Security Predictions for 2024, I covered the top 15 cyber industry company reports and a summary of industry-wide security predictions. In part two, we will cover:
Reminder: This ranking covers organizational reports and not just individual predictions. Most reports offer six to 10 predictions or more, and the top reports group their predictions and themes into categories. Also, the research and details behind each security prediction offer vital context. I urge readers to visit these companies’ websites, read their full prediction reports and see the details on each item — often in video format. My goal is to point you in the right direction and encourage you to visit website links for more details.
16) Delinea — Joe Carson, chief security scientist and advisory CISO at Delinea, offers another excellent list, and I am always impressed with his analysis and expertise.
Delinea offers a great list of cybersecurity predictions in this piece: Delinea 2024 Predictions: Cyber in 2024 – AI, Cyber Insurance, Passwordless and Beyond.
You can watch a short YouTube video from Joe on each of their predictions:
- AI and ML promise to streamline compliance efforts.
- Passkeys and passwordless solutions surge in usage.
- Artificial intelligence use by enterprises surges.
- Nation-states accelerate cyber espionage, blurring the lines between traditional and cyber attacks.
17) Chuck Brooks, Forbes Compilation — Chuck always delivers excellent content, and his piece in Forbes brings in unique analysis, including in space and quantum computing.
READ FULL ARTICLE